Empowered Survival is dedicated to helping cancer survivors and those who care for them to
rebuild their lives, increase hope and quality of life and build resiliency after treatment. We do this through providing resources, education and experiential opportunities at retreats, workshops and online.
Approximately 39.5% of men and women will be diagnosed with cancer at some point during their lifetimes (based on 2015–2017 data) but with new technologies and advancements in early detection and treatments more and more people are surviving cancer, which is great news!
With this number of cancer SURVIVORS rising significantly a new need has surfaced. Most survivors will experience long term and/or latent effects from the treatment they received. These side effects often have signifacnt impact on a survivors quality of life, overall health and wellness and also impact the survivors close social circle.
Mental health issues are a prevalent long-term side effect associated with treatment impacting a survivors health, relationships, work, finances, etc.
How We Can Help
Empowered Survival means to gain KNOWLEDGE and TOOLS to:
- Create a cancer resistant body
- Live a beautiful and vibrant life
HOW DO WE DO THIS? We help you:
- Strengthen and fortify your body
- Ignite the power of your brain
- Nurture your soul
- Learn and grow from your experiences
Our flagship service is our three-day, two night all-inclusive, highly interactive and soul nuturing EMPOWERED SURVIVAL RETREAT.
Through instructional and experiencial sessions survivors and support partners are taught interventions that:
- Decrease risk of recurrence
- Increase healing and quality of life
- Influence the body’s natural ability to maintain and restore balance and health
- Sustain and nurture the spirit
- Help you manage the physical and mental side-effects of treatment
Other Empowered Survival services include online courses, free resources, an online community of support and small group and individual mentoring.